Followers

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Eli

Well if fighting 16 inches of snow to get to work is not enough, I received a call from my daughter, and my grandson Eli 19 months was taken to the ER by Kate and Alan because he had developed this awful cough. Now Alan had been sick earlier, went to his doctor who told him it was a sinus infection and gave him an antibiotic. Two days later Eli is sick, goes to the doctor who says it is a sinus infection and that it will have to run it's course! Due to the 16 inches of snow, the blizzard conditions and the level three alert they have been in their home for two days and Eli starts with this awful cough and fever. Kate called me this afternoon about 5 PM and the snow had stopped for a while and the streets had finally been plowed so I told her she should take him to the ER just to be on the safe side. Well, he was tested positive for RSV and Croup! He was admitted for 23 hour observation which I told Katie was the best thing for him right now. He will get round the clock care, medication and treatments. I wanted to go up there but she said the streets in town have not been taken care of yet and with the lateness of the hour..midnight..she really didn't want me out and about. So I will reluctantly stay here until morning and then I am on my way out there!!

No comments: