Followers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New project now

Last week my client and I scrapped his first ever Special Olympics story. I let him choose the papers that he thought would work best and then being the large fellow that he is and pretty strong I "LET" him squeeze the letters out of my QuicKutz!!! lol.. THen we mounted his ribbons onto the page. He took 2nd in the softball throw with 34 feet and received 1st in his 100 meter fast walk! His first meet he left his lane and was disqualified so we worked really hard to get him to concentrate on staying in his lane the entire way down and to not RUN..If he would have run he would have been disqualified again. I was so proud of him!! He is of a nature to kind of blend into the background so it was a major feat for him to follow through with this and then to be so successful!!
For a challenge on ChitChattin_N_Scrappin, a group that I own, we were asked to do a layout about our state. There is such a wealth of topics for Ohio that it was difficult to choose but decided to do a layout about Ohio's Official Rock Song: Hang on Sloopy! I was able to print the official resolution put before the assembly that was ratified and then the words to the song. In addition I posted the state flag, the only pennant shaped flag in all the 50 states, the state bird, mammal and flower. This challenge is being voted on now. Keeping my fingers crossed because there are some really great layouts .
The next challenge presented to the group from Doris was to do a layout with two patterned papers for fall and a chipboard. I am going to have to adjust this one a bit because I forgot the chipboard! LOL..BUT I included a tear bear special designed by my good friend Esther. I sent her the picture and asked her if she could make me a bear on a magic carpet. She did a wonderful job don't you think??
Well that's it for now. My creative juices are flowing somewhat and I have so much more to get done but until I do..please enjoy these for a while!







No comments: