Followers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Praise the Lord!!!

When your children are small you teach them the stories of Jesus and hope that something sinks in. In our church we do not baptize babies because they have no idea what is going on and are not at the age of accountability yet so we dedicate our babies.. We take them to the front of the church surrounded by family members and pledge to God to raise them according to scripture. The entire congregation pledges to be an example and a witness to them too.

Well, it's kinda like marriage..you take a vow before the Lord but there are times in the marriage where you don't do things necessarily the proper way, your feelings and emotions get involved and all of a sudden you aren't treating each other in a way pleasing to God. Then you work things out and you pray and ask God to forgive you.

I have been praying that for some time now. I know that even tho my kids watched me live for the Lord that it doesn't mean that they will follow in His steps. Even more than that I know that I didn't do all I could do for them spiritually so I found myself praying that God would do the job I didn't and asked Him to forgive me for it.

My son has always been my confidant. Even tho he ran a lot with his dad, Luke and I could talk about anything and he never shared it with anyone else. He knew I was pregnant 3 months before I told his dad!! Well I was 39 for crying out loud..it was a shocker to say the least and I wasn't sure how Jim would take it. Things were a little shaking at that time. I should have known that he would be thrilled tho. Anyway, back to Luke...he never gave us any trouble, a great student, solid in his thoughts and didn't have any problem letting people know that he would not be swayed. But according to scripture, if you believe it, which I do, no one goes to Heaven unless they commit their hearts and lives to the Lord. John 3:3.

Luke and Monica moved to Blanchester which is about 50 minutes from here and the Church of God (home based in Anderson In) has a small church there. I had asked the pastor to contact them and invite them to church. For some reason the pastor just didn't get there so I asked our pastor to call him. Shortly after that he made a call on Luke and Monica and of course they weren't there so he called again later and finally met my son. But nothing came of it. Then one day on his own Luke went, one of his friends was there to his surprise and had told Luke that he had gotten saved.

A couple of weeks ago I stayed a Saturday night so the kids could have a date night and I could play with Nolan, my grandson... A method to my madness!! LOL!! and the next morning I went to the church with Luke and the people were just wonderful. So warm and friendly, coming up to me to shake my hand and welcome me there.. They had an evening of singing with different groups and individuals singing and then went to the Family Life Building and had cake and ice cream for those who had birthdays and anniversaries in February. Luke went back for that and called me saying how much he liked that church and the people in it.

Well he went to church this morning, and I have certainly taken the long road to tell you that Luke gave his heart to God this morning!!!! I am so excited on one hand but nervous on the other because I believe everything the Bible teaches and I know that Satan is furious right now and is going to try to do everything in his power to tear my son down.

If you are a praying person please lift him up...if you do not believe in what I have been saying here please don't take offense and think I am preaching..I am merely sharing a wonderful moment in my life.

The moral of this story for me is that God does everything in His own time and while I was pushing for that pastor to get to my son, God knew exactly how long it would take to reach this moment. So if you are praying for someone or something and you feel like God just isn't listening..don't fret, exercise your faith because God knows what he is doing! "Be still and know that I am God." He said. Psalms 46:10

No comments: