Followers

Friday, November 4, 2011

What I am Thankful for Blog Hop




Welcome to the "What I Am Thankful For" Blog Hop.  This hop is scheduled from Nov. 4 at 8:00 am through Nov. 5 at 11:00 pm (central time).

If you just happened to come to this blog, you are encouraged to start at the beginning with Lisa Peters- http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/.  

We're so excited to be doing this hop and we have a fabulous lineup with some very talented ladies. There will be lots of fun projects, along with some great blog candy, and a great grand prize for this hop.

The hop is a 2 day hop so you will have plenty of time to make it through the whole hop lineup twice. Check out each blog and see what blog candy you can win at the individual stops.  Please come back both days to see great projects.

Here is the complete lineup:
ot.com/

Now for my contribution:  I had originally planned to do a layout for Thanksgiving so that it would be ready for this years pictures but my Dad is not doing well and my husband and I went to their house and spent several hours getting things done for my mother.  It was unexpected and took the time I was going to finish my project and get it posted.  Lesson learned here:  STOP procrastinating!!

So I went through my scrapbooks and decided that I have a lot to be thankful for there and I came across this layout of my Dad.  He is much younger here.  Dad is now 83 and has a very weak heart..Pace maker and defibrillator and still very weak..His last doctor's appointment confirmed that he is in the beginning stages of dementia and it is really set my mom back.  She is 78 and trying to take care of him as best she can.  We are having him do all that he can until he can't just to keep his muscles and mind stimulated.



Dad has been a hard working Christian man and a great example to my brother and I.  For those of you who may remember Foster Brooks, comedian..I think in these pics Dad looks like him..:)  I am thankful for a father who I could trust and never fear, a father who was a great provider and supported my brother and I in all of our extra curricular activities at school and church.  I am thankful for a father who loved and loves my mother after 63 years of marriage.  I am thankful that they stayed together and raised Mike and I in the church.  

I wish I had a larger pic of him for you to see him today but this will have to do..

To be eligible for the grand prize, you must visit each blog, leave a comment and then become a follower of every participant in this hop. You also MUST visit Lisa's blog and leave a comment on her blog for the day and also become a follower at "Scrapping With Lisa" and her facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scrapping-with-Lisa/130882060268842.  Please let her know if you don't do facebook and she won't count that against you for the blog candy.  Now for the blog candy, I bet you are wondering what it could be.   It will be a grab bag full of goodies. 

OK..From here you go to :Suzanne http://cricutcraftingrammy.blogspot.com

Have fun and enjoy your trip!

12 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a wonderful layout and a wonderful story. Cherish every moment. I miss my parents so much.

Jackie said...

Awwww, that is so so sweet. I lost my dad 7 years this month and that just made me feel good and teary. Great job!

Thankful for then new talent I find on these fabulous blog hops!
www.inspired- by-scrapping.blogspot.com

Thanks for sharing!
Jackie

Unknown said...

Great tribute to your dad.....I also am a great procrastinator - so I can relate.

TFS
dj_enns@yahoo.com

lindaplus3 said...

What a great layout.... my mom passed 3 weeks ago at 71 and my father passed 30 years ago .... every moment one can spend with family is one to be thankful for :) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

Judy said...

You are allowed to procrastinate for such a good reason:-) I didn't do a lot of things during the 7 years I cared for my dad, but it is worth every minute, so cherish the time!! He sounds like a perfect father and you made him a perfect tribute!! I follow...
jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com
scrappinana.blogspot.com

Shawnee said...

Beautiful thankful project!! Your dad sounds amazing.

Rehanna said...

Great layout, and thank you for sharing your story!
New Follower!
~Rehanna
ree_z21@hotmail.com

marg0006 said...

thanks for all the fun giveaways.
marg0006@verizon.net
Loving Scrapper 101

Edwina said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad in words and the layout! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

Brittney said...

Lovely layout!
New follower!

-Brittney
rnbw_skittles32@hotmail.com
www.brittneyscricutcreations.blogspot.com

BlueCrayons said...

i love my father as much as you do yours. lovely LO of dad.


rhelm @ tampabay .rr. com

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

what a great tribute to your Father!! Cherish all your tender moments!! TFS!!! I am a follower!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann♥