Followers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

All About Pets Blog Hop 11/2

 



Welcome to the "All About Pets" Blog Hop!!
We're so happy you could join us for this super-fun hop showcasing cards, layouts and projects that feature everything fun about our wonderful furry (and not-so-furry) friends!!  You'll find an array of ideas throughout the hop -- We hope you'll enjoy each and every project along the way!!

If you've hopped over from  Lisa - http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/, then you are in the right place!!  If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email and you'd like to join our All-About-Pet  FUN, then please CLICK HERE (http://www.memoriesintyme.blogspot.com/) to start at the beginning with Lynda's blog!!  Keep alert for blog candy along the way as some hop stops will be offering some goodies...

For the hop today, I've created .......Three layouts for my dogs...I just can't have one without the other..:)

Tank is MY boy!  He is a Heinz 57 and about 12 years old.  He is my shadow and I couldn't be happier.  About 10 years ago Jim and I separated for 16 months and poor Tankie boy mourned to the point I had to sneak him into my apartment once or twice a week.  Fortunately we were able to get things straightened out and Tank got to be with me all week long again.

Amy is my border collie.  She is Tank's momma.  When Katie was in 5th grade someone dumped the entire litter at the driveway to her teacher's farm.  I knew that once the kids saw the pups we would be bringing one home and sure enough she wormed her way in..  One night while in bed in the dark I heard this sliding noise going across my floor.  Liked to scare me to death..On went the light and there she stood with my blouse that I had been wearing that day,  in her mouth, and down the hall to her bed she went taking it with her.  I started to notice when I would come home from work that my clothes were continually making their way to her bed.:) Amy is now 16 and bless her heart , her days are numbered.  I know that it is a matter of time that I will have to make the dreaded decision..unless of course, if God releases me from it and takes her on His own.

Rocky....well, my son graduated and got his first apartment..Was specifically told that he could not have a dog and  that was all it took for him to go out and find not only a dog but a huge one!!  As a puppy he was precious but you know that they all grow up!  My husband had wanted a Black Lab "ALL" of his life so when Luke moved out of town and into another apartment that saw to it you didn't have animals, we of course became the proud owners..Well, Jim became grandpa and I became grandma!  So I fight the daily battle of dog hair but when you take Tanks loyalty, Amy's obsession with my clothes and needing to feel like she is beside me all the time and then Rocky just worming his way in ..well, I thank God so many times for His gift of animals as comfort keepers to the human race. 

Thank you again for checking out my project...  Now hop on over to Tanner ~ www.mrcricutcrazy.com


20 comments:

Unknown said...

Great layouts!! Your Rocky looks like my niece's dog!

Claire Spielman said...

Vicki, I have chills reading about your older dogs. I am in the same place in time. We love them so much and I've already had to put down 2 other dogs in my life and don't want to have to do that again. It's heartbreaking. Your layouts showcase each dog beautifully and I hope you enjoy all the special moments of love they can share.
Claire, DT "It's All About Pets" blog hop,
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

ShersL84bed said...

beautiful layouts. I love dogs. Tank looks so comfy sleeping there in your bed.

ShersL84bed@aol.com

Ashleyplus2.5 said...

I love your dogs, and I love how you told your son to not get a dog and he went out and got one anyways, typical kids!!! But how could you say no to a cute dog like that one!! :)
gravelprincess@hotmail.com

Janis Lewis said...

You have beautiful friends! I love dogs. GREAT layouts!

BlueCrayons said...

love all your doggies. all so precious.

Gill McCall said...

gosh all your doggie are gorg - the layouts are fabby but my fav is off Rocky as love him in the neckerchief!
Thanks for sharing and good to be in this hop with you

Ashley Nicole said...

Love all the LOs. Your dogs are beautiful.
Ashley
glamoroussideofscrapping at gmail dot com
theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

Great layouts. Love the stories too. Beautiful dogs. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki
vwilson577 at yahoo.com

lindaplus3 said...

very nice layout :) he looks regal :) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Awesome Layouts!! TFS!! Your Fur babies are very cute!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann♥

lorby said...

I really liked your layouts but just loved your stories of how you got each of your babies. It's hard when their days are numbered. I've been there a few times. It is nice that God has given us animals as companions and I say that as my baby lies sleeping only a few feet away from me. Jearise in Lorby's World.

Theresa said...

I loved seeing each fur baby's Lo. You have three very special pups. Amy is beautiful...we just lost our Lhasa Apso Bently (I always called him Bubby) after seventeen years. I got him when he was 8 weeks old, and still miss him every day, but I'm so thankful that we had him so long and that he was happy with us.
firelass51@aol.com

Barbara said...

Cute puppies!! Rocky's page is the best!!! I love the photo!

TFS!

http://barbaras-crafty-corner.blogspot.com

I'm a new follower!

Judy said...

I just love the layouts of all your fur babies:-) We also 'inherited' our boy, Murphy, from our son and had him until we had to make that awful decision. Yes, pets are God's gifts!!
jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com
scrappinana.blogspot.com

joydee1963 said...

great layouts,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

JindraS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JindraS said...

Awesome layouts, Vicki! Love seeing the babies you so often speak of. They all look so loving. And, Amy....well, she looks just like I thought she looked. We truly are graced by God to have these animals in our lives.

Lori Comeau said...

What great layouts. Love the one when your sleeping. My husband catches me and my little guy sleeping all the time. I'm just glad mine haven't shown up on facebook yet. LOL
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Kim H said...

Love the layouts and your dog stories. all of them look like very happy pups. all have great embellishments and papers, really like Rocky's paper. Thank you for sharing.