Followers

Friday, December 2, 2011

Guest Designer for Memories in Tyme

Today I am a guest designer for Memories in Tyme group..Not sure I qualify as a "designer" but I had originally set this up as an entry into a blog hop for them but due to family illness and getting called out of state over the weekend it was not able to go up so Lynda graciously allowed me to post to the group for it.  When I think of designer I think of all you talented ladies who do paper piecings and art work on your layouts and I am not that kind of scrapper.  I am envious of those of you who are but I do alot of my scrapping with my clients and use alot of my stash that I have allowing me to ease my conscience for having it..lol 



 I work with developmentally disabled adults and we try to do a service project once a month.  My clients get alot of benefits and things given to them so it is important that they experience giving back.  On this particular day we did our weekly Special Olympics Bowling and after taking another person home we stopped in to visit my parents and check out their driveway.  They are elderly and the snow just puts my mom over the edge.  It was ALOT of snow but it was real fine and powdery so not very heavy.  Robert and Kevin each grabbed a shovel and started cleaning it off.  This was something they were doing to help my folks not expecting anything in return, but she gave each of them $10.00 anyway.. It was a good lesson that good deeds do not go unnoticed.  It wasn't alot of money but it sure brightened their eyes..:)

This layout is done with a page kit that I received in an exchange on a Yahoo Group.  I have so many color kits  here that I decided to start using them.  I particularly like the deco squares.. The title is just sticker letters but it worked well and we all have a ton of sticker letters I am sure..lol

I believe this layout is in Robert's album.  For those of you who are not familiar with my job and my clients..we scrapbook....I know...SOMEBODY's gotta do it..:)  Even tho they are guys they love to add pages to their albums and they do alot of work on each of their layouts, from picking out the papers to selecting the layout of the pieces and pic and gluing them down.  We are making toilet paper roll mini albums for the ladies in their families for Christmas..

Thank you for looking and I always enjoy comments!

3 comments:

JindraS said...

Love your layout. The colors are beautiful and really gives the feeling of a snowy day. What a great life lesson for your clients! Glad you came to KY for the Stamp Camp...and a visit with me ( Big Grin)

Lori Comeau said...

Beautiful layout. Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me some tips on the Friendship Journal. I can start with 6 and see how that goes. If I don't get any takers would you be willing to exchange with me? Then I would at least have two to show for the next time and maybe get some joiners. Let me know what you think. Thanks for the advise. Lori
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful layout, the photos of Everett with Chuckie Cheese are precious! Hugs, Lori m